Duration: 4 Nights / 5 Days
Dates: On Demand
- Return economy class airfare O R Tambo International Airport (Johannesburg) to Richards Bay Airport / Durban International Airport to O R Tambo International Airport.
- Transfers to and from airports.
- 3 x Nights at Zululand Tree Lodge **** (B, B & D)
- 1 x Night at Protea Hotel Shakaland **** (B, B, D & Show)
- 2 x Game activities daily at Ubizane and/or Hluhluwe / Umfolozi Game Reserve
- Full Day – St Lucia & Shakaland Tour.
Recommended add-on tours / safaris:
- Cape Town or/and Victoria Falls / Chobe or any one of our standard self-drive or escorted tours. Tailor-made tours can be arranged on request.
One of our representatives will be at the Richards Bay Airport to welcome you and escort you to the Zululand Tree Lodge in the Ubizane Private Nature Reserve. The lodge is set in the cool, whispering tranquility of a fever tree forest and is a truly special retreat where you will be accommodated in luxurious stilted chalets. Enjoy the quiet lounge, observation deck and a sunny pool area where you might be visited by a family of warthog, a shy red duiker or a pair of purple-crested loeries. Experience the thrill of game drives in open vehicles in both the Ubizane Private Nature Reserve and the old hunting grounds of Zulu Kings – Hluhluwe / Umfolozi Game Reserve, which host the “Big 5”.
Your guide / escort will then pick you up in the morning at Zululand Tree Lodge – take a cruise on the St Lucia estuary, a lake riddled with crocodiles and hippos in the Greater St Lucia Wetlands world heritage site. Depart after the cruise to Shakaland for lunch, check into hotel. Enjoy Zulu hospitality at its best with a traditional Zulu festival at Shakaland, dinner at the hotel. Overnight at Shakaland.
After a leisurely morning and breakfast we will then transfer you to Durban, in order for you to catch your flight back to Johannesburg or ongoing destination / add-on tour or safari.